Re: pg_restore and materialized view deps - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Wells Oliver
Subject Re: pg_restore and materialized view deps
Date
List pgsql-admin
Ah, you know, a little deeper: it's an issue with a mat view unable to refresh because it uses a function, and within that function, there is a call to a mat view not yet materialized.

On Fri, Sep 6, 2024 at 6:33 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Wells Oliver <wells.oliver@gmail.com> writes:
> Not the end of the world but I notice when running pg_restore that I
> encounter a few errors where materialized views cannot be refreshed because
> they query other materialized views not yet refreshed.

Oh?  There are dependencies that are supposed to prevent that.
Can you provide a self-contained example of a schema where
that doesn't work?