Re: json_build_object, numeric types, and function limits on 100 arguments - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Wells Oliver
Subject Re: json_build_object, numeric types, and function limits on 100 arguments
Date
List pgsql-admin
Thanks, Tom. Doing something like:

with t as ( select somekey, someotherkey from mytable ) select json_agg(t)->0 from t;

Feels a lot more, errr, natural. Would rather have the object than an array of 1 containing the object, thus the ->0 but this works well and feels SQL-ish indeed.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 1:42 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Wells Oliver <wells.oliver@gmail.com> writes:
> Yeah, thanks, I thought about that: concatenating a few different objects
> to make a bigger object. Seemed silly, but if there's not a cleaner
> solution, it does work.

A more SQL-ish way to deal with this might be to use jsonb_agg()
or jsonb_object_agg().