Re: Dump & restore in directory format and permissions are largely lost? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Wells Oliver
Subject Re: Dump & restore in directory format and permissions are largely lost?
Date
List pgsql-admin
It looks like the dump, then is creating an insufficient number of ACL statements. Running

pg_restore -Fd -l db.full.dump/ | grep ACL | grep webaccess

Shows nothing, though I use this role on many schemas and relations.

Is there anything about this dump statement that would prevent some ACL lines from being generated?

time pg_dump \
        --verbose \
        --dbname=db \
        --blobs \
        --jobs=8 \
        --format=directory \
        --file=db.full.dump

Is there a way to run pg_dump to spit out all ACL lines w/o having to do the full dump?

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 6:19 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Wells Oliver <wells.oliver@gmail.com> writes:
> Yes. The target and source servers have the same users and roles, which is
> why their permissions being absent from the same objects on the target
> where they exist in the source is very confusing to me.

Did you look for errors in the log output of both pg_dump and pg_restore?

> I also do a pg_restore -l -Fd on the dump file, and I don't see any GRANT
> or REVOKE statements: should I expect that?

They'd show up in "-l" output as ACL items.