Re: Mark all GUC variable as PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: Mark all GUC variable as PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 10:15 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> And yes, I absolutely would prohibit extensions from accessing many
> of them, if there were a reasonable way to do it.  It would be a good
> start towards establishing a defined API for extensions.

The v2 patch I sent does that, at least when compiling with GCC.  I
didn't find something similar for clang, but I only checked quickly.

I'm assuming that the unreasonable part is having to add some extra
attribute to the variable?  Would it be acceptable if wrapped into
some other macro, as I proposed?