Re: performance statistics monitoring without spamming logs - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: performance statistics monitoring without spamming logs
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 9:23 AM, Adrien NAYRAT
<adrien.nayrat@anayrat.info> wrote:
> On 07/13/2018 12:25 AM, Lukas Fittl wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 11:38 AM, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com
>> <mailto:pryzby@telsasoft.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     > 2. Make stats available in `pg_stat_statements` (or alternate view
>> that
>>     > could be joined on). The block stats are already available here, but
>>     > others like CPU usage, page faults, and context switches are not.
>>
>>     pg_stat_statements is
>>     ./contrib/pg_stat_statements/pg_stat_statements.c which is 3k LOC.
>>
>>     getrusage stuff and log_*_stat stuff is in src/backend/tcop/postgres.c
>>

>> Before you start implementing something here, take a look at
>> pg_stat_kcache [0]
>>
>> Which already aims to collect a few more system statistics than what
>> pg_stat_statements provides today, and might be a good basis to extend from.

Also no one asked for it before, but we can definitely add all the
other fields returned by get_rusage(2) in pg_stat_kcache.  You can
also look at https://github.com/markwkm/pg_proctab.