Re: Avoid incorrect allocation in buildIndexArray - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: Avoid incorrect allocation in buildIndexArray
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Le sam. 12 sept. 2020 à 11:14, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> a écrit :
On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 01:49:26PM +0200, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 1:39 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>> Any reason not to bail early as per the attached?
>
> +1

Makes sense to me.  This has also the advantage to cause a crash if
there is an attempt to refer to those empty arrays in case of future
refactoring, which is rather defensive.  By looking at
findObjectByOid(), I can also see that we check for a negative number,

yes, I also checked that current code is already checking for that.

so I concur with Ranier's comment to check after that on top of 0.
If there are no objections, I'll apply that on HEAD.

agreed.