Re: Monitoring disk space from within the server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: Monitoring disk space from within the server
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 2:35 PM Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:

> Re: Julien Rouhaud 2019-11-08 <CAOBaU_YVGEnsnP1ufp42NiJ+WvPHRWBOsBOcaxWxsbXPN_sdNQ@mail.gmail.com>
> > Shouldn't we have something more generic, in hope that this eventually
> > get implemented on Windows?  I'm also wondering if getting the fs
> > information is enough, as there might be quota.
>
> The name is certainly not a good pick, it's not meant to be a raw
> statfs() wrapper but something more high-level. I just went with that
> to have something working to start with.
>
> How about these?
> pg_tablespace_stats()
> pg_tablespace_space()
> pg_tablespace_disk_space()

The related function on Windows is apparently GetDiskFreeSpaceA [1].
It'll probably be quite hard to get something consistent for most of
counters, so probably pg_tablespace_(disk_)space is the best name,
providing only total size and free size?

[1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/fileapi/nf-fileapi-getdiskfreespacea