Re: [ADMIN] pg_basebackup permission denied error - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Gokhan Demir
Subject Re: [ADMIN] pg_basebackup permission denied error
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Günce,

There must be no "data" directory on the target server, which the pg_basebackup command is run on, (this is a precaution set by postgreSQL to force admins to make sure no data will be overwritten) and the owner of parent directory of this "data" director must also be postgres user and postgres user must have necessary permissions on the parent directory. So, I wouldn't suggest using "/data" if it is right below the "/" (root) directory if I understand correctly.

Issue might be caused because of the above situation. Just my two cents..

Gokhan.