Re: increasing HA - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nicolas Karolak
Subject Re: increasing HA
Date
List pgsql-general
I have a setup kind of like yours, one primary and two stanby, but
with streaming replication.

Here is what i use:
-> on application (Django webapp) servers:
|---> a local HAProxy as a frontend for database servers, doing the
fencing through a check on a custom daemon running on database servers
-> on PostgreSQL servers:
|---> repmgr for the automatic failover
|---> the custom daemon which expose the state of the node (by trying
to retreive its state according to each node's repmgr status table and
doing a kind of vote, for exemple "if according to me i'm the primary
but not according to the two other nodes, i'm fenced")

Regards,
Nicolas KAROLAK | SysAdmin
6-8, rue André Voguet - 94200 Ivry-sur-Seine
+33 1 77 56 77 96 | www.ubicast.eu | www.ubicast.tv