Re: Postgresql 9.5: Streaming Replication: Secondaries Fail To Start Post WAL Error - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: Postgresql 9.5: Streaming Replication: Secondaries Fail To Start Post WAL Error
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, May 28, 2024 at 3:11 PM Johannes Truschnigg <johannes@truschnigg.info> wrote:
On Tue, May 28, 2024 at 03:00:23PM -0400, Mohan NBSPS wrote:
> [...]
> Thank you Johannes for the advice.
>
> We are looking at moving to 16.
> We did not implement slots to avoid disk space issues on primary (possible
> network disconnect may fill up primary `pg_xlog`).

Yes, replication slots can interrupt your primary.

Please define "interrupt".  Using a replication slot, I thought files would just accumulate in pg_wal while the replica is down (or the network is slow, or the replica can't keep up with the primary).

Disaster, of course, when that disk fills up, but that's always been the case.