Re: pg_rewind success even though getting error 'record withincorrect prev-link' - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Abdullah Al Maruf
Subject Re: pg_rewind success even though getting error 'record withincorrect prev-link'
Date
List pgsql-general
> The only error I see is when you apparently manually kill the process.

You mean walreceiver process?? 'FATAL: terminating walreceiver process due to administrator command' ?
Actually, I didn't kill the receiver. It is done by postgres itself, as far as I understand.

I restart this node using a replica script. You can see the script here. https://github.com/kubedb/postgres/blob/pg-db/hack/docker/postgres/9.6.7/scripts/replica/run.sh
It then gives the above error, then stops streaming from primary (or, you can see the wal receiver is terminated by itself).

If I restart this node again, It throws following error:

LOG:  skipping missing configuration file "/etc/config/user.conf"
LOG:  skipping missing configuration file "/etc/config/user.conf"
LOG:  00000: database system was shut down in recovery at 2019-01-23 05:12:17 UTC
LOG:  00000: entering standby mode
LOG:  00000: invalid resource manager ID in primary checkpoint record
PANIC:  XX000: could not locate a valid checkpoint record
LOG:  00000: startup process (PID 33) was terminated by signal 6
LOG:  00000: aborting startup due to startup process failure
LOG:  00000: database system is shut down