Re: PATCH: Improvement in the debugger support for EnterpriseDB <= 9.2 - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Akshay Joshi
Subject Re: PATCH: Improvement in the debugger support for EnterpriseDB <= 9.2
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Ashesh

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Akshay,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> While testing the debugger at EnterpriseDB with PPAS/PostgreSQL, we found
> some issues as below:
> 1. Function/Procedure execution completed with an error - "no target for
> SPL-style OUT parameter" with (PPAS <= 9.3).
> Resolution:
> Call the functions/procedure with the value explicitly (instead of using the
> PQexecParams - libpq API and also, edb-spl language needs to be called from
> an anonymous block) and fetch the result properly for PPAS <= 9.2.
>
> 2. Variadic function with the OUT parameter is not debuggable on
> PostgreSQL/PPAS.
> Resolution:
> Fix the IN/INOUT parameters numbering properly, before creating the function
> properly.
>
> 3. On execution completion an edb-spl function is not showing return value
> with PPAS
> Resolution:
> As we can not return a result from the anonymous block, we needs to print it
> from the anonymous block. Hence - those results will be printed in the
> messages window instead of result window for them.
>
> 4. Showing the current execution marker at wrong location (offset to 1) for
> PPAS <= 9.0
> Resolution:
> Find out the execution marker position based on the offset based on each
> server version.
>
> Attached is the patch, which takes care of all of above issues.
>
> Please review it.
> If nobody will have the objection, I will check-in the patch in
> REL-1_18_PATCHES and main branches.

I've eyeballed it and don't see anything objectionable.
:-)
As you wrote
the debugger though, you're in a far better position to say if it's
done the right way though :-)
:-)

Can you get one of the EDB team to test it?
Sure - I will ask some one from the team to test it and ask his opinion.
Can you please review and test it?

   I have tested your patch and following are my observation:-
  1. Created RM #31897.
  2. Execution marker is showing at the wrong location in case of PG 9.0
  All the other fixes works fine and code looks good to me.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company