RM-2519: Show the trigger function under the trigger node. - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Akshay Joshi
Subject RM-2519: Show the trigger function under the trigger node.
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave/Team

I have started working on RM #2519 to show the trigger function under the trigger node. I have made the changes to the code and the trigger function is visible under the respective trigger node.

Changes made to achieve this:
  • If the trigger function is in the same schema then it works absolutely fine, the user can update the properties, view the SQL, Statistics, Dependencies, and Dependents.
  • If the trigger function is from the other schema then we need to change the schema id as we have a strict API route which adds the schema id where the trigger exists. Change has been done and it works.
  • For the trigger function from the other schema, I have added the schema-qualified name.
  • Remove the menu options and add a dummy menu "No menu is available for this object" when the user selects the trigger function under the trigger node. Have to do this because of the different API routes, as the object is not available and personally, I feel we should not show the context menu to create, delete, drop from there.
Note: To remove the menu option completely I have modified the menu.js and check if the 'showMenu' function is defined. If it is defined then call that function and based on the return value, will make the decision.

Please refer to the below screenshot for more clarity:
        2519.png

Thought/Suggestion?

--
Thanks & Regards