Re: [pgadmin4][Patch]: Feature #2686 Property to switch lower/uppercase auto completion - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Akshay Joshi
Subject Re: [pgadmin4][Patch]: Feature #2686 Property to switch lower/uppercase auto completion
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 2:48 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 10:06 AM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 1:14 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:41 AM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

Attached is the patch for the Feature #2686 Property to switch lower/upper case auto completion. I have added new preferences settings "Keywords in uppercase" if it is set to True then all the keywords are shown in upper case in auto completion.

I have also implemented the second request in the RM to change the selected text to upper/lower case. For that I have added new keyboard shortcut "Toggle case of selected text" in preferences dialog. Default key is "Ctrl + Shift + u".

Please review it.

I don't see any doc updates in the patch - seems like that was forgotten?

    You mean to say ".rst" files? If yes, then sorry I forgot to update that. Will do it and send the modified patch.

Yes (and any screenshots). Thanks.

    Done. Attached is the updated patch.

Any opportunities to re-factor the code in that area into more testable functions?

    I have modified the files which are already re-factored. I haven't seen any logic that can be re-factored.

Great, thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com