Re: [pgAdmin][RM4681] Increase cache control max age for static files - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Akshay Joshi
Subject Re: [pgAdmin][RM4681] Increase cache control max age for static files
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Thanks patch applied.

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 11:18 AM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 10:59 AM Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 1:32 PM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

Attached is the patch to increase cache control max age (in http header) for static files to improve performance over longer run.
By default it is 43200 seconds (12 hrs), which means that the static files like vendor.js, etc. will be fetched again from server after 12hrs. This is not required as these files won't change.

Kindly review.
I have done the review, it looks good to me.
I have only concern about - with this change the caching will be done for at least 1 year. I am still kind of confused, what should be the caching time?

But - we can go ahead with this change.
Thank you Ashesh. I had set it to a year as the user may not upgrade pgAdmin with every release. Plus, we have cache busting mechanism (version appended to URL). Nevertheless, we can may be set it to 30 days ( 2592000 seconds), which is the release cycle interval for pgAdmin.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi

--
Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Toshniwal

Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Toshniwal
Software Engineer | EnterpriseDB India | Pune

Thanks & Regards
Akshay Joshi
Sr. Software Architect
EnterpriseDB Software India Private Limited
Mobile: +91 976-788-8246