Re: Fixed issue "Error Message is displayed when the Package is Clicked" - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Akshay Joshi
Subject Re: Fixed issue "Error Message is displayed when the Package is Clicked"
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Akshay Joshi
<akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave
>
> I have fixed one issue "Error Message is displayed when the Package is
> Clicked". I have performed the following on enterprisedb database
>
> create or replace package pkgFoo is
>         procedure foo(
>                 arg1 IN varchar default 'Nothing',
>                 arg2 IN integer default 100
>         );
> end pkgFoo;
>
> create or replace package body pkgFoo is
>         procedure foo(
>                 arg1 IN varchar default 'Nothing',
>                 arg2 IN integer default 100
>         ) is
>         begin
>                 dbms_output.put_line(arg1);
>                 dbms_output.put_line(arg2);
>         end;
> end pkgFoo;
>
> Now click on pkgFoo, we will get the error message.It only happens the first
> time.

I cannot reproduce the error, using GIT Master with PPAS 9.0 on CentOS 5.

  I am able to reproduce this every first time after launching pgAdmin using GIT Master with PPAS9.1 on Windows 7. Attached is the screen shot.

> Attached is the patch file, please review it. If it looks good then please
> commit it.

The patch is wrong. The restriction is supposed to be " = 'void'" for
procedures, and " != 'void'" for functions, as it already is.

  OK. I am not much aware of that code, but we have to provide some other fix for the mentioned issue.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company