Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] Feature #3270 Add support for running regression tests against Firefox - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Akshay Joshi
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] Feature #3270 Add support for running regression tests against Firefox
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 6:19 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 8:10 AM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Thanks Anthony for fixing those two test cases. I have verified it and patch looks good to me.
Attached is the modified patch where I have remove "import time" which is not required and update the retry message from 10 to 60.

To be honest I have seen some intermittent "Timeout" issues on Chrome and FireFox and those issues are not consistent for any particular test case.

@Hackers, Please review it and if it looks good then commit it.

I seem to be getting the following failures consistently (screenshots attached):

ERROR: runTest (pgadmin.feature_tests.pg_datatype_validation_test.PGDataypeFeatureTest)
Test checks for PG data-types output
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/feature_tests/pg_datatype_validation_test.py", line 135, in runTest
    self._check_datatype()
  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/feature_tests/pg_datatype_validation_test.py", line 169, in _check_datatype
    "contains(.,'{}')]".format(batch['datatype'][0])
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/support/wait.py", line 80, in until
    raise TimeoutException(message, screen, stacktrace)
TimeoutException: Message:

    This is the intermittent issue I was highlighted in my previous email.

FAIL: runTest (pgadmin.feature_tests.xss_checks_file_manager_test.CheckFileManagerFeatureTest)
Tests to check if File manager is vulnerable to XSS
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/feature_tests/xss_checks_file_manager_test.py", line 60, in runTest
    self._open_file_manager_and_check_xss_file()
  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/feature_tests/xss_checks_file_manager_test.py", line 110, in _open_file_manager_and_check_xss_file
    'File manager'
  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/feature_tests/xss_checks_file_manager_test.py", line 117, in _check_escaped_characters
    ) != -1, "{0} might be vulnerable to XSS ".format(source)
AssertionError: File manager might be vulnerable to XSS

    I have removed Anthony's patch and added time.sleep(0.05) before and after reading the content from the file.

Ran 11 tests in 475.292s

FAILED (failures=1, errors=1)

Test Result Summary

Regression - PG 9.4:

9 tests passed
2 tests failed:
CheckFileManagerFeatureTest (Tests to check if File manager is vulnerable to XSS)
PGDataypeFeatureTest (Test checks for PG data-types output)
0 tests skipped

Please check output in file: /Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/regression/regression.log

make: *** [check-feature] Error 1

   Attached is the modified patch with all test cases passed on my machine. I have tried couple of times (refer the attached screenshot).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company