Re: pgAdmin debugger failure when search_path set - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Akshay Joshi
Subject Re: pgAdmin debugger failure when search_path set
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Aditya

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 4:48 PM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave/Team,

I've been working on an issue to make debugger work no matter what the search patch is set. I've managed to call the appropriate functions from pgAdmin using a schema qualified name with no issues. However, the internal calls in the function don't look schema qualified.
For instance,
I have two schemas "public" where the debugger is installed and "other" where my user defined function is. I set the search_path to "other" on the database. Calling plpgsql_oid_debug directly fails because of the search path set, but I can call the debugger functions with public.plpgsql_oid_debug, but it fails with:
ERROR: function pldbg_oid_debug(oid) does not exist LINE 1: SELECT pldbg_oid_debug($1) ^ HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts. QUERY: SELECT pldbg_oid_debug($1) CONTEXT: SQL function "plpgsql_oid_debug" during inlining

How to approach this ? It is inconvenient for users to remove their search_path to make debugger work.

    To solve the above problem I would suggest, get the existing search path and append 'public' in that and set it only for the Debugger session and reset back when a debugger is closed.

--
Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal

Thanks & Regards