Re: Allow pageinspect's bt_page_stats function to return a set of rows instead of a single row - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hamid Akhtar
Subject Re: Allow pageinspect's bt_page_stats function to return a set of rows instead of a single row
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 at 10:51, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 03:18:59PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I spun up a 32-bit VM, since that had been on my to-do list anyway,
> and it looks like I was right:

This feedback has not been addressed and the thread is idle four
weeks, so I have marked this CF entry as RwF.  Please feel free to
resubmit once a new version of the patch is available.

Attaching the version 5 of the patch that addresses all 3 points raised by Tom Lane earlier in the thread.
(1) Documentation is added.
(2) Passing "-1" for the number of blocks required now returns all the remaining index pages after the starting block.
(3) The newly added test cases work for both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.

--
Michael
Attachment