BRIN indexes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject BRIN indexes
Date
Re: BRIN indexes  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-general
Reposting because I received no reply from a previous inquiry as "9.5 new features".

With regard to BRIN indexes:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/interactive/brin-intro.html

62.1. Introduction
  "A block range is a group of pages that are physically adjacent in the table; for each block range, some summary info is stored by the index."

From the above, may I presume that it is best to cluster (or sort), the table based on the intended
BRIN column(s) before actually creating the index to insure the pages are adjacent? If so, should
 that not be included in the documentation, instead of implied?

--
Melvin Davidson