Re: Partitioning and ORM tools - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: Partitioning and ORM tools
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 4:23 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On 03/22/2016 11:40 AM, CS DBA wrote:
Hi All;

we setup partitioning for a large table but had to back off because the
return status (i.e: "INSERT 0 1") returns "INSERT 0 0" when inserting
into the partitioned table which causes the ORM tool to assume the
insert inserted 0 rows.  Is there a standard / best practices work
around for this?

Thanks in advance

Are you inserting via trigger from an insert into a parent table? That would do it.

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/
                     +1-503-667-4564