Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Required Monitoring - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Required Monitoring
Date
List pgsql-general

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 10:46 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On 04/28/2017 07:39 AM, Andrew Kerber wrote:
I am a fairly experienced Oracle DBA, and we are starting to move in to
the PostgreSQL world.  I would expect the standard monitoring items are
required for mission critical postgres apps, Ie, disk space, wal log
space, log monitoring, process counts,software running, connection
available on the correct port, CPU usage.

Are there additional PostgreSQL specific items that need to be
monitored?  if so, what items?

Pretty much anything that starts with pg_stat_

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/
                        +1-503-667-4564