Re: 9.5 new features - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: 9.5 new features
Date
List pgsql-general
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/interactive/brin-intro.html

62.1. Introduction
"A block range is a group of pages that are physically adjacent in the table; for each block range, some summary info is stored by the index."

From the above, may I presume that it is best to cluster (or sort), the table based on the intended BRIN
column(s) before actually creating the index to insure the pages are adjacent? If so, should that not be included in the documentation, instead of implied?