Re: Ideas to deal with table corruption - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: Ideas to deal with table corruption
Date
Re: Ideas to deal with table corruption  (Corey Taylor <corey.taylor.fl@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-admin

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 1:23 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 2:11 AM, Luis Marin <luismarinaray@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for ideas, to help me, check what is happening with a possible
> table corruption, I  have some FK that works ok, but some stay in the state
> waiting forever, however selecting the same table works fine.
>
> Since, I am a newbie, in PostgreSQL, what should be my firsts steps, in
> order to have an idea how to fix this problem.
>
> I am thinking in watching my postgresql log error file during the requests
> for creating our FK,
> What do you suggest me

There are CentOS packages for amcheck on 9.4:

https://github.com/petergeoghegan/amcheck#redhatcentossles

I would start there.

--
Peter Geoghegan

>"some stay in the state waiting forever"
Don't forget to create indexes on the FK's in the table they reference!

Also, it would be nice to know the PostgreSQL version and O/S.

--
Melvin Davidson