Re: Partitioning and ORM tools - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: Partitioning and ORM tools
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 5:20 PM, CS DBA <cs_dba@consistentstate.com> wrote:

On 03/22/2016 03:18 PM, Rob Sargent wrote:

On 03/22/2016 03:00 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
On 03/22/2016 01:50 PM, CS DBA wrote:

Understood, was just wondering if there is a way to cause the child
table insert results to be returned to the ORM/Application instead of
the master/base table insert

Insert into the child table directly based on the partition rules.

JD

I would think the ORM (as yet undefined) would want to think in terms of the parent table and not know about the physical schema details.
Can  the client not be written to check only for errors vs checking for non-zero inserts?

That was our first suggestion, they don;t want to make any app changes