Re: Increased I/O / Writes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: Increased I/O / Writes
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 1:31 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On 05/10/2016 09:50 AM, Igor Neyman wrote:

Please, if anyone can share anything.. Thanks a lot!

Lucas

So, what’s wrong with using pg_stat_statements?

It has a set of columns pertaining to IO.

You could use iotop to determine which postgres pid is eating the IO, then use statement logging with PID (or pg_stat_activity/statement) to see what the system is actually doing.

JD

Regards,

Igor Neyman

--