Re: How to get total count of queries hitting DB per day or per hour? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: How to get total count of queries hitting DB per day or per hour?
Date
List pgsql-general
Run two cron jobs, each runs exacty 24 hours apart.
Each gets the result of the following query:

SELECT SUM(xact_commit + xact_rollback)
  FROM pg_stat_database;

 Then subtract the result of the first cron from the second.
 That's the number of transactions in a 24 hr period.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 4:07 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Sheena, Prabhjot
<Prabhjot.Singh@classmates.com> wrote:
> Guys
>
>               Is there a way to get total count of queries hitting
> Postgresql DB(verison 9.3) per day or per hour ? I cannot turn on
> log_statement=all coz that’s too much logging for our log file to handle. Is
> there another way to do that.

If you just need totals, turn on just log_duration and then you can
grep the logs etc for that.