Re: Session Identifiers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: Session Identifiers
Date
Re: Session Identifiers  (oleg yusim <olegyusim@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Actually, I'm not an expert on the tcp_keepalives, but I  believe the tcp_keepalives_count should be 1, otherwise it will take 45 minutes minutes to timeout. Then again, I could be wrong.

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
oleg yusim <olegyusim@gmail.com> writes:
> Got it, thanks... Now, is it any protection in place currently against
> replacing Session ID (my understanding, it is kept in memory, belonging to
> the session process) or against guessing Session ID (i.e. is Session ID
> generated using FIPS 140-2 compliant algorithms, or anything of that sort)?

I don't think Postgres even has any concept that matches what you seem
to think a Session ID is.

If you're looking for communication security/integrity checking, that's
something we leave to other software such as SSL.