Re: [GENERAL] Auto-Rollback option - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Auto-Rollback option
Date
List pgsql-general

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 02/13/2017 09:59 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
On 2/13/2017 7:15 AM, mpomykacz wrote:
So my problem is like this:

I start the transaction with BEGIN TRANSACTION;
Then I have for example some INSERTs to DB
and at the end COMMIT; and END TRANSACTION;

COMMIT ends the transaction.   In PostgreSQL, END TRANSACTION is
redundant, equivalent to COMMIT, do one or the other, not both.

But if one of this INSERTs causes error, the transaction will stop
(but it
is still open and next patch is implemented within the same transaction).

Patch ?

Pretty sure the OP is applying a series of SQL driven patches to add/change/remove database schema.

When I turn the Auto-Rollback on everything is ok : in situation like
this
my transaction is automatically rollbacked and closed.

there is no autorollback option in standard PostgreSQL ?

But I do not want to do the Auto-Rollback click manualy in the Option
menu
or query editor window (because I can not be sure that the person who
will
run the patch would remember about this click).

option?   query editor window?     what software are you talking about?

I would say pgAdmin3:

https://www.pgadmin.org/download/source.php

I'm using 1.22.1 version.

1.22.1 version?     PostgreSQL versions currently supported are 9.2.x to

See above.

9.6.x

--
Adrian Klaver