Re: [GENERAL] Non-overlapping updates blocking each other - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Non-overlapping updates blocking each other
Date
List pgsql-general

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 12:01 PM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
Melvin Davidson schrieb am 14.10.2017 um 17:32:
More than likely, the optimizer has determined that a table scan is best, in which case it will use a table lock.
That means one updates will be blocking each other.

Since when does Postgres lock the whole table during an update?