Re: Function PostgreSQL 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: Function PostgreSQL 9.2
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 6:17 PM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

If I change that to company_id, I get the error:  column "company_id" does not exist, because that column is inside USERS and not COMPANIES.

​change that .... what is "that"

​Provide the actual code you ran that resulted in "column "company_id" does not exist"​  Your attempts at brevity are making this harder that it has to be.

David J.

Drum,
I strongly suggest you learn how to debug your own code.
The best way to do that is to temporarily use RAISE NOTICE ... at various points in your TRIGGER function so that YOU can determine the exact source of the problem.
--
Melvin Davidson