Re: Revisiting {CREATE INDEX, REINDEX} CONCURRENTLY improvements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michail Nikolaev
Subject Re: Revisiting {CREATE INDEX, REINDEX} CONCURRENTLY improvements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
One more idea - is just forbid HOT prune while the second phase is
running. It is not possible anyway currently because of snapshot held.

Possible enhancements:
* we may apply restriction only to particular tables
* we may apply restrictions only to part of the tables (not yet
scanned by R/CICs).

Yes, it is not an elegant solution, limited, not reliable in terms of
architecture, but a simple one.