Re: Altering array(composite-types) without breaking code when inserting them and similar questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dorian Hoxha
Subject Re: Altering array(composite-types) without breaking code when inserting them and similar questions
Date
List pgsql-general
Since my alternative is using json, that is heavier (need to store keys in every row) than composite-types.
Updating an element on a specific composite_type inside an array of them is done by UPDATE table SET composite[2].x = 24;

So last standing question, is it possible to insert an array of composite_types by not specifying all of the columns for each composite_type ?
So if i later add other columns to the composite_type, the insert query doesn't break ?

Thanks