Re: Information about Access methods - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rohit Goyal
Subject Re: Information about Access methods
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
Thanks for document. It was really helpful.
Now, as index folder contains basically interface for all index type, do I need to change it, if I want to modify only b tree index algorithm?

Do I need to change only btree index files or Do i have to change index folder files like indexam.c
Please confirm. :)

Regards,
Rohit

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 11/12/2013 07:00 PM, Rohit Goyal wrote:

> Inside access methods in Backend, I found "Index" folder and "Btree"
> folder but i don't know which code to look for. i want to change
> something in B tree implementation.

Start here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/indexam.html

--