Re: Least Active Transaction ID function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rohit Goyal
Subject Re: Least Active Transaction ID function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi All,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 5:01 PM, Rohit Goyal <rhtgyl.87@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I am doing programming with postgresql source code. I want to find out the function which can give me Least active transaction id currenty in the system.

Is there any function which can give me that?

Regards,
Rohit Goyal

1> I know that somewhere there is an active transaction list in postgresql. At any point of time, I want to get the smallest transaction present in this active tx list or I want to get the transaction id before which all transaction smaller than that are committed/aborted.

Is there any function which can give me this value?

2> I found a function giving GetStableLatestTransactionId(), please tel me what this function gives. I was not able to understand the description given above it.

Thanks for support in advance :)!!

Regards,
Rohit Goyal