Re: Missing documentation - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Stefan Badenhorst
Subject Re: Missing documentation
Date
List pgsql-docs
I am using a prometheus exporter:
Turning JIT off definitely made a big difference to all our environments.
When using JIT it causes OOM on postgres server after a few days. Adding jit=off resolved the issue.
I have tested this now for several weeks and memory usage stays stable when jit=off.

On Thu, 3 Nov 2022 at 16:01, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Stefan Badenhorst <Stefan.Badenhorst@mi-c3.com> writes:
> This is working:
> postgresql://USERNAME:PASSWORD@server
> :5432/the_database?sslmode=disable&jit=off

Again, not for me:

$ psql 'postgresql://postgres@localhost:5432/mydb?sslmode=disable&jit=off'
psql: error: invalid URI query parameter: "jit"

I suspect something in your client environment is stripping off the &...
stuff.

                        regards, tom lane

Email Disclaimer

This email is proprietary to MI-C3 and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential and privileged  information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email, which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of MI-C3. Since this communication was affected via email, MI-C3 cannot guarantee that it is secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. MI-C3 does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message or for any damage resulting from the opening of this message should it contain a virus.