Re: Installing PostgreSQL fails - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Harshad Adalkonda
Subject Re: Installing PostgreSQL fails
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 5:38 PM, Josef Springer <Josef.Springer@joops.com> wrote:
Hello Lou,

much thanks for you tip !!!
I found on the web the tool DLL-Files Fixer. This installed my LIBEAX32.dll and i was able to do a reinstall of PostgreSQL 8.2.1.
But now i have a last problem related to PostgreSQL:
To keep my databases, i made a copy of the hole PostgreSQL-Folder before reinstallation (PostgtreSQL-Server service was not running).
  • I cleared the folder data, because the PostgreSQL installation adviced me to do.
  • I installed PostgreSQL 8.2.1
  • After installation PostgtreSQL-Server service was running and i could start PGAdminIII.
  • I stopped the PostgtreSQL-Server service
  • I restored the backup of the folder data (to get my databases back)
  • But starting now PostgtreSQL-Server service does not work anymore. I get an error message after a while (Error 1053)
Do you have any tips how i can get my databases back ?

Thanks for your assistance,
Josef Springer