Fwd: dblink_connect fails - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James Sewell
Subject Fwd: dblink_connect fails
Date
Re: Fwd: dblink_connect fails  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
Oops left off the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James Sewell <james.sewell@lisasoft.com>
Date: Thursday, 17 December 2015
Subject: dblink_connect fails
To: Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
On 12/16/2015 04:53 PM, James Sewell wrote:
> No it is not.
>
> Just in case I tried setting it to 'postgres', logged in without -U
> (doesn't work without PGUSER set) and tried the operation again.

>     >     DETAIL:  FATAL:  role "PRDSWIDEGRID01$" does not exist

That "PRDSWIDEGRID01$" is coming from somewhere in your environment.
Looks like it is supposed to be a variable of some sort which is
supposed to resolve to an actual postgres user but for some reason doesn't.

What about FDWs?

This is a new database with some tables and dblink loaded.

The  PRDSWIDEGRID01 is actually the hostname - but I just can't see how it's getting injected.

My understanding was that psql -U should override? And also that any user variable just sets the user PostgreSQL variable - which is postgres.

Strange stuff. I've just tried from cygwin, from Windows psql and from PGAdmin - all the same result.

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

James Sewell,
PostgreSQL Team Lead / Solutions Architect

Level 2, 50 Queen St, Melbourne VIC 3000

(+61) 3 8370 8000  W www.lisasoft.com  (+61) 3 8370 8099

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or professional privilege and copyright. No representation is made that this email is free of viruses or other defects. If you have received this communication in error, you may not copy or distribute any part of it or otherwise disclose its contents to anyone. Please advise the sender of your incorrect receipt of this correspondence.