Re: Add publisher and subscriber to glossary documentation. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shlok Kyal
Subject Re: Add publisher and subscriber to glossary documentation.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
I addressed the comments and updated the patch.

> Should these be "publisher node" and "subscriber node" instead?  Do we
> want to define the term "node"?  I think in everyday conversations we
> use "node" quite a lot, so maybe we do need an entry for it.  (Maybe
> just <glossssee otherterm="instance"> suffices, plus add under instance
> "also called a node".)

Modified

> +   <glossterm>Publisher</glossterm>
> +   <glossdef>
> +    <para>
> +      A node where publication is defined.
> +      It replicates the publication changes to the subscriber node.
>
> Apart from deciding what to do with "node", what are "changes"?  This
> doesn't seem very specific.

Modified

> +   <glossterm>Subscriber</glossterm>
> +   <glossdef>
> +    <para>
> +     A node where subscription is defined.
> +     It subscribe to one or more publications on a publisher node and pull the data
> +     from the publications they subscribe to.
>
> Same issues as above, plus there are some grammar issues.

Modified

> I think these definitions should use the term "logical replication",
> which we don't currently define.  We do have "replication" where we
> provide an overview of "logical replication".  Maybe that's enough, but
> we should consider whether we want a separate definition of logical
> replication (I'm leaning towards not having one, but it's worth asking.)

Modified. Added the term "logical replication" in the definitions.
Used reference to "replication".

Thanks and Regards,
Shlok Kyal

Attachment