Re: Review: Non-inheritable check constraints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nikhil Sontakke
Subject Re: Review: Non-inheritable check constraints
Date
Re: Review: Non-inheritable check constraints  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

I don't think this is a given ...  In fact, IMO if we're only two or
three fixes away from having it all nice and consistent, I think
reverting is not necessary.

FWIW, here's a quick fix for the issue that Robert pointed out. Again it's a variation of the first issue that he reported. We have two functions which try to merge existing constraints:

MergeWithExistingConstraint() in heap.c
MergeConstraintsIntoExisting() in tablecmds.c

Nice names indeed :)

I have also tried to change the error message as per Alvaro's suggestions. I will really try to see if we have other issues. Really cannot have Robert reporting all the bugs and getting annoyed, but there are lotsa variations possible with inheritance..

Regards,
Nikhils
Attachment