Re: interperting type oid in C code - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ken Been
Subject Re: interperting type oid in C code
Date
List pgsql-general
Those are more complicated, and it's not obvious to me how to use them.  I really think that all I need is something as simple as "if (my_oid == INT4OID) {...}".  Is there any reason why I shouldn't just do that?

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 7:08 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Ken Been wrote:
> Thanks, but I actually wanted to do it from C code.  But anyway I think I
> found the answer: use the symbolic constants in catalog/pg_type.h, such as
> INT4OID.

You can probably use
SearchSysCache1(TYPEOID, ObjectIdGetDatum(your_oid))
or perhaps
lookup_type_cache(your_oid).

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/