[pgAdmin 4 UI bug] unable to add foreign keys through the UI - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Michael Meerschaert
Subject [pgAdmin 4 UI bug] unable to add foreign keys through the UI
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

I'm sorry if there is an official bugzilla or something for reporting bugs, but from the comments here it seems like this is the preferred way to report issues.

From the Create - Table dialog, I am unable to add foreign keys. Here's step by step what i'm trying to do:
  1.  Click Constraints > Foreign Key and click Add
  2.  A row appears where i can click edit, trash or enter a name, I also see a red banner at the bottom saying "Please Specify Columns for foreign key
  3. The columns field is greyed out, so I click the edit icon (If i enter a name, it populates to the name field under general)
  4. Click Columns
  5. Select the local column
  6. select the references table
    • As a side note, if there is only 1 other table in the schema, the "references" drop down will default to it, but you cannot select a column from "referencing" from the default dropdown option. You must first change the "references" option, which is impossible if there is only 1 table. Also, even if there are multiple tables, and the references table is correct, you still have to change it to another option then change it back to get the columns in the "referencing" dropdown to show up. This bug has a workaround, but still feels like a bug.
  7. select the column for "Referencing"
  8. click add
  9. nothing happens, the red banner that says please specify columns for foreign key is still there.
I can just execute raw SQL to add the constraints, and the UI picks up on the fact that the constraints are there, but I'm still unable to add new FKs through the UI. Also, when I click edit on an existing FK, all the options on the columns and Action tabs are greyed out.

I'm running windows 10 64-bit.

--
-Mike