Re: Thoughts on "SELECT * EXCLUDING (...) FROM ..."? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Eric Ridge
Subject Re: Thoughts on "SELECT * EXCLUDING (...) FROM ..."?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> COPY (SELECT * EXCLUDING (a, b, c) FROM <big query>) TO 'somefile.csv' WITH CSV;
>>
> sorry, I don't accept it. I am able to understand your request for
> adhoc queries. But not for COPY.

I apologize if that example was confusing.  I wasn't also suggesting
expanding COPY's syntax.  I was merely pointing out that if
"EXCLUDING(…)" were implemented, you'd be able to use it within the
query given to the COPY command.

eric

ps, it seems my messages aren't hitting the list?  weird.