Re: Race condition in TransactionIdIsInProgress - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Race condition in TransactionIdIsInProgress
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 11 Feb 2022 at 06:11, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Looks lik syncrep will make this a lot worse, because it can drastically
> increase the window between the TransactionIdCommitTree() and
> ProcArrayEndTransaction() due to the SyncRepWaitForLSN() inbetween.  But at
> least it might make it easier to write tests exercising this scenario...

Agreed

TransactionIdIsKnownCompleted(xid) is only broken because the single
item cache is set too early in some cases. The single item cache is
important for performance, so we just need to be more careful about
setting the cache.

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/