Re: Damage control for planner's get_actual_variable_endpoint() runaway - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Damage control for planner's get_actual_variable_endpoint() runaway
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 at 18:17, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On November 21, 2022 9:37:34 AM PST, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 12:30 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> >> This can't quite be right - isn't this only applying the limit if we found a
> >> visible tuple?
> >
> >It doesn't look that way to me, but perhaps I'm just too dense to see
> >the problem?
>
> The earlier version didn't have the issue, but the latest seems to only limit after a visible tuple has been found.
Notethe continue; when fetching a heap tuple fails.

Agreed, resolved in this version.

Robert, something like this perhaps? limit on both the index and the heap.

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

Attachment