Re: SUBTRANS: Minimizing calls to SubTransSetParent() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: SUBTRANS: Minimizing calls to SubTransSetParent()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 at 08:34, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am I still missing something?

No, you have found a dependency between the patches that I was unaware
of. So there is no bug if you apply both patches.

Thanks for looking.

> So I still think some adjustment is required in XidInMVCCSnapdhot()

That is one way to resolve the issue, but not the only one. I can also
change AssignTransactionId() to recursively register parent xids for
all of a subxid's parents.

I will add in a test case and resolve the dependency in my next patch.

Thanks again.

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/