Re: Basic Questions about PostgreSQL. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Basic Questions about PostgreSQL.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 15 Sept 2021 at 06:10, A Z <poweruserm@live.com.au> wrote:

> -Is there a simple, immediate, straightforward way to temporarily disable PostgreSQL database
> use of all other users, except development users, or in fact just one user (one developer, yourself)
> so that maintenance on the data or the data model may be performed?

PostgreSQL doesn't require you to eject all other users while such
actions are performed, so we haven't spent a lot of time thinking
about how to deny people access.

What maintenance actions are you thinking are a problem?

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/