Re: Code checks for App Devs, using new options for transaction behavior - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Code checks for App Devs, using new options for transaction behavior
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 31 Oct 2022 at 11:33, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the behavior if "nested_transactions" value is changed within
> a transaction execution, suppose the value was on and we have created
> a few levels of nested subtransactions and within the same transaction
> I switched it to off or to outer?

Patch does the same dance as with other xact variables.

XactNesting is the value within the transaction and in the patch this
is not exported, so cannot be set externally.

XactNesting is set at transaction start to the variable
DefaultXactNesting, which is set by the GUC.

So its not a problem, but thanks for checking.

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/