Re: [External] Re: Import Database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sathish Kumar
Subject Re: [External] Re: Import Database
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

Postgresql version: 9.6

On Mon, May 6, 2019, 7:14 AM Sathish Kumar <satcse88@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to export our database in GCE instance to Google Cloud SQL.

Below are the commands used to export/import the database. I am exporting only 1 database which is required.

Export:
pg_dump -h olddbserver -U dbuser --format=plain --no-owner --no-acl production     | sed -E 's/(DROP|CREATE|COMMENT ON) EXTENSION/-- \1 EXTENSION/g' > prod.sql

Import:
psql -h newcloudsqldbserver -U dbuser -d production -W < prod.sql