Re: Import Database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sathish Kumar
Subject Re: Import Database
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

Is there any other option to restore faster using psql, since I have to export it as plain text dump.

--format=plain

Only plain SQL format is supported by Cloud SQL.

I cannot use pgrestore option for plain text sql dump restore.

On Mon, May 6, 2019, 6:35 PM Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de> wrote:

Am 05.05.19 um 19:26 schrieb Ron:
> On 5/5/19 12:20 PM, Andreas Kretschmer wrote:
>>

>> Am 05.05.19 um 18:47 schrieb Sathish Kumar:
>>> Is there a way to speed up the importing process by tweaking
>>> Postgresql config like maintenance_workmem, work_mem, shared_buffers
>>> etc.,
>>
>> sure, take the dump in custom-format and use pg_restore with -j
>> <number_of_jobs>.
>
> Custom format or directory format?

both are possible for that.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com